I just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for the boots. They have really helped us along. It got me thinking about all the benefits of going barefoot so I thought I would scribble down some thoughts, and didn’t think I’d get so many!
- Healthier hooves due to increased blood flow and better circulation.
- Better flexion, enhanced cushioning and overall promotion of the development of the inside of the hoof.
- Less thrush.
- Hooves growing in a natural way with a strong hoof wall, healthy frog and healthy white line.
- Improved blood flow and circulation can increase the life span of your horse.
- Reduced likelihood of diseases such as navicular and arthritis.
- Hoof issues are spotted quicker.
- Going barefoot reduces and eliminates lameness issues.
- Barefoot horses move naturally and therefore have improved muscle tone, including along the topline.
- Better traction and balance and more sure-footed.
- State of the art Cavallo hoof boots available for those under transition from shoes or for difficult terrain (yay!).
- Fast paces on hard terrain are easier and are less likely to cause concussion injuries.
- Going barefoot eliminates the vibrational shock caused by metal shoes on hard ground.
- Cheaper – no metal shoes to buy on a regular basis.
- Maintenance trims can be learnt by owners thus reducing farrier costs.
- No missing out on rides due to ‘pulled or lost shoes’.
- A happier horse performing better.
- Injuries from kicks within the herd are less serious.
- Snow will not ball up within the hoof.
- It won’t hurt as much if they stand on your foot!
- Less damage to your paddocks.
Attached are some pictures of our gravel-crunching hooves, in the making, and us out on a ride. Thanks again for everything!
June, Texas, USA