The Cavallo Western Built-Up Saddle Pad provides additional padding over the wither area that will adjust the position of a saddle that tips. It is used to balance a saddle that would otherwise incline to the fore. The unique Four-Density Solution arrests concussion within the pad. The high integrity foam remains thin to provide more room for your horse to move freely.
Firm poly fiber sheets have been inserted alongside the protective memory foam inserts – these poly fiber sheets create internal stability, which serves to further equalize the load in high performance sports. These panels produce an inner equilibrium that even in very active rider movement or saddle stress situations, will allow a more complete utilization of the horse’s scapula. THE PERFECT FIT between horse and rider.
* When using this pad, take care not to tilt the saddle too far back on the loins.
Length: 30” (76 cm) Width: 32 ” (81 cm)
Customers in the UK click here to view this product.
Additional padding over the wither area will adjust the position of a saddle that tips. It is used to balance a saddle that would otherwise incline to the fore. Take care not to tilt the saddle too far back on the loins.
Our Four-Density Solution, plus the performance enhancement (PE) panel, combined with fine finishing details including genuine leather butt joints, nylon bindings and aeration perforations, provides the Ultimate in Saddle Pads, benefiting both horse and rider!
Shock absorbent: it’s not shocking!
- Saves the backs of both horse and rider
- Promotes blood circulation (the slow release memory of the open cell foam creates a gentle massaging action on the horse’s muscle structure)
Improves saddle fit: Fit for Excellence!
- Contracts at pressure points, fills gaps
- Enhances the saddle gullet (protecting the spine)
- Cutback allows wither relief
- More comfort for a saddle which fits perfectly
- Allows one saddle to be used on multiple horses
- Compensates for the changing horses back (different levels of conditioning, natural development over the season and development over the horse’s lifetime)
Thin: Thin is important!
- 4 different material densities creates a thinner pad with greater shock absorption than a pad twice as thick
allows more room for free movement of the scapula (shoulder blade)
Reversible: Effective & Stylish
- New Zealand wool on one side, closed cell shock absorbing foam on the other
- Use either side against the horse; it’s your personal preference!
Patented Nitrex Closed-Cell Foam:Non-PVC foam that has low resilience and low penetration value, resulting in excellent shock absorption, insulation, cushioning and rebound (G-value energy return). Far superior to traditional foams.
- soft and lightweight
Open-Cell Memory Foam to enhance saddle fit:
- releases as the rider shifts weight to vary pressure and gently massage the muscles, promoting healthy circulation
- evenly distributes rider and saddle weight on the muscles
- contracts where the saddle is tight and remains full where the saddle has less contact.
New Zealand Merino Wool:100% Merino Wool carded and consolidated into a dense material. The resulting cloth is then heat-bonded to enhance dimensional stability, durability and abrasion resistance.
high directional stability to maintain shape
- wicks away moisture
- breathable and insulating
Soften the Impact of Hard Winter GroundWe were thrilled to get a message all the way from Estonia and, guess what? Even though they are far across the ocean they still deal with the same issues we do in North America. This poor horse wrangled Laminitis and is now braving the hard, frozen, Winter ground. "Hello! We are located in Estonia, on an island called Saaremaa. My horse name is Ralla, she is a Silver Bay mare. Her breed is Estonian native horse. Sadly, in August 2019 she got a very bad Laminitis attack. Her hoofs were really, really sensitive after the treatment. So, this winter she uses Cavallo Hoof Boots for walking on frozen and hard ground. She also likes Cavallo Gel Pads inside. These boots are lifesavers! 💝🐎Thank you! 🙏🐴 - Halliki Hanso, Estonia At Cavallo, we're so happy to hear that Ralla's Simple Boots worked to get her through a painful Laminitis attack and are able to soften the impact of hard Winter ground! If you have a similar story, please connect with us , we'd love to hear it!
Soften the Impact of Hard Winter Ground
The Water and Mud Flow Through...Most of all, they don't hold any water/mud as they have superb drainage and they are super easy to clean - just hose them off or put them in the washing machine! Usually Ollie is very footy and his hooves get completely worn to the sole when doing even just a small hack. However, with his Trek Boots, he was striding out with confidence, and his cavities stayed stone-free!
I Honestly Think he Loves Them...I honestly think he loves them! He felt like he was bouncing in trot. The reflective ovals on the front and back, along with overreach protection built in. They cover the whole bulbs and I really think you can't go wrong! They also come with 2 spare velcro straps, and a fitting guide, with a free gift 👌"
- Owner, Ollie the Horse, UK (Instagram personality @Ollie_the_Horse)
"Cavallo Trek in Deep Mud - Wow, What Can I Say?!"