The Cavallo Western Built-Up Saddle Pad provides additional padding over the wither area that will adjust the position of a saddle that tips. It is used to balance a saddle that would otherwise incline to the fore. The unique Four-Density Solution arrests concussion within the pad. The high integrity foam remains thin to provide more room for your horse to move freely.
Firm poly fiber sheets have been inserted alongside the protective memory foam inserts – these poly fiber sheets create internal stability, which serves to further equalize the load in high performance sports. These panels produce an inner equilibrium that even in very active rider movement or saddle stress situations, will allow a more complete utilization of the horse’s scapula. THE PERFECT FIT between horse and rider.
* When using this pad, take care not to tilt the saddle too far back on the loins.
Length: 30” (76 cm) Width: 32 ” (81 cm)
Customers in the UK click here to view this product.
Additional padding over the wither area will adjust the position of a saddle that tips. It is used to balance a saddle that would otherwise incline to the fore. Take care not to tilt the saddle too far back on the loins.
Our Four-Density Solution, plus the performance enhancement (PE) panel, combined with fine finishing details including genuine leather butt joints, nylon bindings and aeration perforations, provides the Ultimate in Saddle Pads, benefiting both horse and rider!
Shock absorbent: it’s not shocking!
- Saves the backs of both horse and rider
- Promotes blood circulation (the slow release memory of the open cell foam creates a gentle massaging action on the horse’s muscle structure)
Improves saddle fit: Fit for Excellence!
- Contracts at pressure points, fills gaps
- Enhances the saddle gullet (protecting the spine)
- Cutback allows wither relief
- More comfort for a saddle which fits perfectly
- Allows one saddle to be used on multiple horses
- Compensates for the changing horses back (different levels of conditioning, natural development over the season and development over the horse’s lifetime)
Thin: Thin is important!
- 4 different material densities creates a thinner pad with greater shock absorption than a pad twice as thick
allows more room for free movement of the scapula (shoulder blade)
Reversible: Effective & Stylish
- New Zealand wool on one side, closed cell shock absorbing foam on the other
- Use either side against the horse; it’s your personal preference!
Patented Nitrex Closed-Cell Foam:Non-PVC foam that has low resilience and low penetration value, resulting in excellent shock absorption, insulation, cushioning and rebound (G-value energy return). Far superior to traditional foams.
- soft and lightweight
Open-Cell Memory Foam to enhance saddle fit:
- releases as the rider shifts weight to vary pressure and gently massage the muscles, promoting healthy circulation
- evenly distributes rider and saddle weight on the muscles
- contracts where the saddle is tight and remains full where the saddle has less contact.
New Zealand Merino Wool:100% Merino Wool carded and consolidated into a dense material. The resulting cloth is then heat-bonded to enhance dimensional stability, durability and abrasion resistance.
high directional stability to maintain shape
- wicks away moisture
- breathable and insulating
I want to thank you for inventing the SIMPLE Boot. I have a 17 year old Hanovarian-Thoroughbred who has arthritis in his hocks. He tends to overreach especially as he gets more tired. I go on 10 to 20 mile trail rides with him but it was getting more and more difficult to keep front shoes on him as he would eventually pull them off. With a 2 week trip to Vermont this past August, I was getting more worried that I might not even be able to ride much for fear of losing a shoe. Well, I started using your Simple Boot this past July and I will never go back to regular shoes again. Even with my horse overreaching there are no pulled shoes so I don't have to travel with an extra boot. Your boot is so easy and fast to put on that I have my husband doing it at times! Mud and rocks are no match for your hoof boot. I never worry about losing a shoe in deep mud anymore. It's such a great feeling! Your boot even works well when it's too big! My horse's front hoofs had to be trimmed back due to a problem and therefore were smaller than before. That wasn't a problem with the Simple Boot. Even though my current pair are probably one size too big for my horse, I can gallop, jump and do everything that I did before without any problems. So thanks so much for the Simple Boot.
Cindy Schlener, Massachusetts
Emma MassingaleMeet Emma Massingale – a true horse lover and adventuress, free-rider Emma is continually pushing the boundaries of the equine and human relationship. Last year, Emma lived with horses, wild and tame, for one month on an island. See www.theislandproject.emmamassingale.com for more information. Emma and her horses love Cavallo Trek Boots. As Emma says, “Their boots are making such a difference to their training , now we can literally go anywhere! I didn’t really realise how restricting life was before!” This year, Emma is travelling through Scotland with a team of ponies without bridles, saddles or halters; but all the ponies will have on Cavallos! As she says: “My personal ethos <is> No Reins…No Rules…No limits!! Simply for the love of horses!” Follow Emma’s adventures on her website http://www.emmamassingale.com/ . We can’t wait to see what Emma chooses as her next project!
Meet Emma Massingale - Liberty Rider