The Cavallo Western Built-Up Saddle Pad provides additional padding over the wither area that will adjust the position of a saddle that tips. It is used to balance a saddle that would otherwise incline to the fore. The unique Four-Density Solution arrests concussion within the pad. The high integrity foam remains thin to provide more room for your horse to move freely.
Firm poly fiber sheets have been inserted alongside the protective memory foam inserts – these poly fiber sheets create internal stability, which serves to further equalize the load in high performance sports. These panels produce an inner equilibrium that even in very active rider movement or saddle stress situations, will allow a more complete utilization of the horse’s scapula. THE PERFECT FIT between horse and rider.
* When using this pad, take care not to tilt the saddle too far back on the loins.
Length: 30” (76 cm) Width: 32 ” (81 cm)
Customers in the UK click here to view this product.
Additional padding over the wither area will adjust the position of a saddle that tips. It is used to balance a saddle that would otherwise incline to the fore. Take care not to tilt the saddle too far back on the loins.
Our Four-Density Solution, plus the performance enhancement (PE) panel, combined with fine finishing details including genuine leather butt joints, nylon bindings and aeration perforations, provides the Ultimate in Saddle Pads, benefiting both horse and rider!
Shock absorbent: it’s not shocking!
- Saves the backs of both horse and rider
- Promotes blood circulation (the slow release memory of the open cell foam creates a gentle massaging action on the horse’s muscle structure)
Improves saddle fit: Fit for Excellence!
- Contracts at pressure points, fills gaps
- Enhances the saddle gullet (protecting the spine)
- Cutback allows wither relief
- More comfort for a saddle which fits perfectly
- Allows one saddle to be used on multiple horses
- Compensates for the changing horses back (different levels of conditioning, natural development over the season and development over the horse’s lifetime)
Thin: Thin is important!
- 4 different material densities creates a thinner pad with greater shock absorption than a pad twice as thick
allows more room for free movement of the scapula (shoulder blade)
Reversible: Effective & Stylish
- New Zealand wool on one side, closed cell shock absorbing foam on the other
- Use either side against the horse; it’s your personal preference!
Patented Nitrex Closed-Cell Foam:Non-PVC foam that has low resilience and low penetration value, resulting in excellent shock absorption, insulation, cushioning and rebound (G-value energy return). Far superior to traditional foams.
- soft and lightweight
Open-Cell Memory Foam to enhance saddle fit:
- releases as the rider shifts weight to vary pressure and gently massage the muscles, promoting healthy circulation
- evenly distributes rider and saddle weight on the muscles
- contracts where the saddle is tight and remains full where the saddle has less contact.
New Zealand Merino Wool:100% Merino Wool carded and consolidated into a dense material. The resulting cloth is then heat-bonded to enhance dimensional stability, durability and abrasion resistance.
high directional stability to maintain shape
- wicks away moisture
- breathable and insulating
Mary Ann Simonds, M.A., Equine Behaviorist, Horse-Rider Coach
Metal Shoes and Bits Outlawed ‘Round these Parts!At one time, the mounted unit herd was managed very traditionally, but the officers found they were constantly dealing with hoof issues and other ailments that that we have come to understand can be caused or exacerbated by use of metal shoes. Metal shoes on asphalt refer concussive force which travels through the hoof and up the leg of the horse. In 1984 Swiss Cavalry at the University of Zurich, Switzerland conducted research into the effect of metal shoeing. Studies showed that the impact force a shod hoof receives on hard ground is 10-33 times that of an unshod hoof. The vibration in the hoof from the shoe is approximately 800 hz. (This level of vibration is high enough to DESTROY LIVING TISSUE). The metal shoes were also restricting the natural flex function of the hoof when bearing weight, and therefore limiting much-needed blood supply to the hoof and lower leg. Due to these issues, the unit decided it couldn’t hurt to try something new, and in 2004, they experimented by having one horse go barefoot. It was so successful that they now keep their entire herd (40 horses) barefoot! They noticed the health of their horses improve greatly, and the vet bills were cut in HALF! They also experienced better traction on slick surfaces, which helps both the officers and horses to feel safer when on patrol. Hard to argue with that! AND the force has recently decided to go Bitless as well, with great success!
Barefoot, Bitless, Booted and in Bliss[caption id="attachment_11240" align="alignleft" width="299"] Houston Mounted Police using Cavallos[/caption] The horses often go barefoot on patrol, but they use Cavallos when needed. Cavallo Hoof Boots protect hooves while policing during protests or other large events where broken glass or sharp objects on the ground could present a risk of injury. The Houston Mounted Patrol Unit are providing horses the best and most natural care possible. They enjoy their success by trusting their gut - and believing in the perfection of the design given by Mother Nature.
Looking for Barefoot Mentors?The Houston Mounted Unit is an inspiration towards a natural healthy lifestyle. Knowledge, courage and Cavallo Hoof Boots can make this possible for you too. Contact us any time to get the support you need to get your horse moving with confidence, safety and protection in his Cavallo Hoof Boots. Wishing you many happy trails,
What Has 160 Barefoot Hooves and Says NO to Bits?