Thicker at the front and gradually tapering to the rear, the Cavallo Raised Wither Saddle Pad lifts the saddle at the wither to reestablish balance and correct position. The pad’s design allows skeletal relief along the gullet and maintains the benefits of shock absorption, weight distribution and improved saddle fit comfort.
Firm poly fiber sheets have been inserted alongside the protective memory foam inserts – these poly fiber sheets create internal stability, which serves to further equalize the load in high performance sports. These panels produce an inner equilibrium that even in very active rider movement or saddle stress situations, will allow a more complete utilization of the horse’s scapula. THE PERFECT FIT between horse and rider.
Length: 23″ (58 cm)
Width: 22” (56 cm) tapering to 15 ” (38 cm)
Customers in the UK click here to view this product.
Thicker at the front and gradually tapering to the rear. Lifts the saddle at the wither to reestablish balance and correct position. Allows skeletal relief along the gullet and maintains the benefits of shock absorption, weight distribution and improved saddle fit comfort.
Our Four-Density Solution, plus the performance enhancement (PE)panel , combined with fine finishing details including genuine leather butt joints, nylon bindings and aeration perforations, provides the Ultimate in Saddle Pads, benefiting both horse and rider!
Shock absorbent: it’s not shocking!
- Saves the backs of both horse and rider
- Promotes blood circulation (the slow release memory of the open cell foam creates a gentle massaging action on the horse’s muscle structure)
Improves saddle fit: Fit for Excellence!
- Contracts at pressure points, fills gaps
- Enhances the saddle gullet (protecting the spine)
- Cutback allows wither relief
- More comfort for a saddle which fits perfectly
- Allows one saddle to be used on multiple horses
- Compensates for the changing horses back (different levels of conditioning, natural development over the season and development over the horse’s lifetime)
Thin: Thin is important!
- 4 different material densities creates a thinner pad with greater shock absorption than a pad twice as thick
allows more room for free movement of the scapula (shoulder blade)
Reversible: Effective & Stylish
- New Zealand wool on one side, closed cell shock absorbing foam on the other
- Use either side against the horse; it’s your personal preference!
Patented Nitrex Closed-Cell Foam:Non-PVC foam that has low resilience and low penetration value, resulting in excellent shock absorption, insulation, cushioning and rebound (G-value energy return). Far superior to traditional foams.
- soft and lightweight
Open-Cell Memory Foam to enhance saddle fit:
- releases as the rider shifts weight to vary pressure and gently massage the muscles, promoting healthy circulation
- evenly distributes rider and saddle weight on the muscles
- contracts where the saddle is tight and remains full where the saddle has less contact.
New Zealand Merino Wool:100% Merino Wool carded and consolidated into a dense material. The resulting cloth is then heat-bonded to enhance dimensional stability, durability and abrasion resistance.
high directional stability to maintain shape
- wicks away moisture
- breathable and insulating
A Flat-Footed Friend in Need...Our older quarter horse has very flat feet. Prior to us getting him he had been metal-shod almost constantly, and had also been misdiagnosed with Laminitis. Using Cavallo ELBs on his front feet with Gel Pads during the daytime (off at night) took him from limping around and barely moving to cantering around the field in about 1 day. No word of a lie … he was a different (and much happier) horse with his boots. We now only use the boots if the ground dries out a lot in the summer and for trail riding. But I would highly recommend them! -Deborah Renz, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
A Happier Horse
I have tried a variety of boots and have found SIMPLE Hoof Boots to be by far the best boot. They can be put on and taken off easily and I would best describe them as being “user friendly”. SIMPLE Boots are extremely good quality and wear well. I use SIMPLE Boots on horses with injury, for transport and for day to day training.”
David Hall, Australian trainer currently training in Hong Kong. During his training career in Melbourne, he was famous for training "Makybe Diva" to the first of her three successive Melbourne Cup victories in 2003.